Many people suffer from asthma due to excessive pollution. The lungs help our body to keep breathing. However, the ongoing epidemic of coronavirus can cause serious damage to your lungs. So caution is needed now to keep the lungs good and fresh.
Here’s how to keep your lungs healthy and clean.
1. Sweet pumpkin seeds, including cashews, walnuts, pesto, and peanuts, are rich in vitamin E. It also contains mineral salts and omega-3 fatty acids. These foods supply oxygen to the lungs and help prevent inflammatory problems.
2. Honey has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, which cleanses the lungs. So eating one teaspoon of honey every day will be beneficial for the lungs.
3. Foods rich in vitamin D are very effective in preventing inflammatory problems in the lungs. Vitamin D deficiency, in particular, causes shortness of breath in children. Its main source is the sun. In addition, milk, eggs, yogurt, fish, meat, etc. foods are rich in vitamin D.
4. Basil leaves are rich in anti-oxidants. And this anti-oxidant is very effective in protecting the lungs. Basil can absorb dust in the air. So to get rid of respiratory contaminants, boil basil juice or this leaf in water. The lungs will be fine.
5. Blackberries work much better to keep the lungs healthy. Its anti-oxidant helps prevent bronchitis. If you take half a teaspoon of black cumin powder mixed with one teaspoon of honey every day, your lungs will be better.
. There is no substitute for vitamin C rich foods. This vitamin prevents inflammatory problems in the lungs. Helps to supply oxygen to the respiratory tract and destroys germs in the airways. Lemons, mangoes, oranges, apples, guavas, etc. are rich in vitamin C.
. Garlic is rich in selenium and allicin. These two natural ingredients help to keep the lungs and airways healthy. In addition, garlic has been used for a long time to prevent viral infections.
. There is no substitute for physical exercise. Exercise will keep your body healthy as well as your lungs well. For this you have to do aerobics, yoga or cardio exercises every day.
9. Green tea contains flavonoids, an antioxidant that helps regulate lung function. It also helps to flush out contaminants from the lungs.
10. The anti-oxidant curcumin in turmeric protects the lungs from the effects of contaminants. In case of cold-cough and shortness of breath, it is better to mix raw turmeric juice with butter or ghee.
11. Marine fish contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help keep the lungs healthy. So keep fish in your daily diet.