The Saudi coalition has carried out airstrikes on Houthi rebel strongholds in Sanaa, Yemen. Several people, including women and children, were killed in the operation.
However, the Saudi alliance claims that they have attacked Houthi military installations, arsenals and other installations. Earlier, a spokesman for the alliance said at a news conference that the Houthis had fired 430 missiles into Saudi territory in the past six years. During this time more than eight hundred and fifty drone strikes were carried out.
The Saudi-led military alliance has been conducting military operations against Houthi rebels since 2015, following the fall of Yemen’s Abdarb Mansour al-Hadi government.
One airstrike after another is being carried out to suppress the Houthis. Last Sunday, the Saudi coalition launched airstrikes targeting various Houthi rebel strongholds in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.
Riyadh claims that a number of Houthi rebel strongholds were destroyed in the attacks. Several weapons depots have been destroyed. Several people, including women and children, were killed in the Saudi-led operation, the AFP news agency reported.
Earlier, in the last six years, the Saudi coalition has claimed responsibility for a series of attacks on its territory by Houthi rebels, claiming that about 1,300 missiles fired by Houthis and 59 civilians were killed in drone strikes.
A spokesman for the Saudi alliance, Turki al-Maliki, said the Houthi rebels had fired the most ballistic missiles since February 2021, despite seven years of fighting. Which is 430 so far. For this they have used Sanaa International Airport. And they were trained by the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.
Hezbollah, an armed group from Iran and Lebanon, is supporting the Houthis with weapons and training, according to Saudi Arabia.
“We have to fight not only the Houthis, but also the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in Iran and Hezbollah in Lebanon,” al-Maliki said. Therefore, all the forces must always be ready to defend their territory.
The Houthi group has not commented on Riyadh’s allegations. However, the Saudi alliance is under pressure from the West over the killing of Yemeni civilians in the name of suppressing the rebels. According to the data, about 3.5 million people have died in the last 6 years of conflict in Yemen.
Qatar-based Al Jazeera reported that a rebel-held weapons depot was destroyed in Sunday’s attack, local time.
The Saudi coalition said in a statement that the operation was carried out in response to an attempt to disarm al-Tashrifat camps in Sanaa. Earlier on Thursday, the Saudi alliance carried out air strikes in Yemen. The bomber struck shortly after noon in front of a rebel-held military base in Sanaa.